Brief Guide on How to Sell Your Silver

Have you inherited silverware but don’t have any room to store it? Do you feel like it would be better off in another home where it could be fully appreciated and looked after? Luckily, there are collectors all over the world who are looking to acquire a variety of silver items in order to add it to their collection.

If you want to sell your silver for the best prices then you need to go to someone you can trust. Muzeum buys all silver items like bullion, coins, unwanted jewellery, silverware, and even scraps of metal. Let’s take an in-depth look at what kind of silver you can sell.

Silver Bullion

Both silver and gold have been doing really well this past year, though they’ve seen a dip of late. That being said, the prices are still on record highs, meaning it’s still a great time to sell your silver.

If you ever want to know what the current prices of silver are, you can always check out a website where the daily market prices are listed. Buyers should always base their prices off these market values so you never have to worry about if you’re getting what you’re truly owed.

Silver Coins

You can sell all sorts of silver coins, whether from government or private mints or from the other side of the globe.

Prices of coins are determined by a number of factors, including purity (how much silver they have in them), condition, age, rarity, and popularity. Often it can be difficult to determine what your coins are worth, especially if they have deteriorated with age. That’s why it’s best that you bring them to our store and have one of our experts take a look for you!


Unless you’re a trained professional it can be hard to know whether or not you actually have silverware made of sterling silver, if it’s just silver plated, or if it’s even just a knock-off. Typically hallmarks are used to identify when something is made of sterling silver. You’ll see markings like 925, sterling, STG, STER, or other markings stamped on the piece to indicate that the item is 92.5% pure silver, where the other 7.5% is comprised of other metals like copper.

Through wear and tear, markings can be difficult to identify. That’s why it’s always recommend that you bring your silverware in to get it checked by a professional.

Silver Jewellery

Buyers are always on the hunt for all sorts of jewellery, including silver rings, bracelets, necklaces, charms, pendants, and any other type of old silver jewellery. Jewellery also often has markings to indicate its silver purity level, but one other way to test whether or not there is real silver present is with a magnet test.

Simply run a strong magnet over your silver jewellery and see if something attracts to the magnet. If it does, that means it is not real silver. Gold and silver do not attract to magnets, meaning that your pieces shouldn’t stick if they are mostly made of precious metals.

Earn Some Extra Cash

There’s no time like the present to earn some extra cash, so be sure to look around your house and see if you have anything made of silver that you can sell.